How to clean your summer house before welcoming guests
The holiday starts well for your guests when they arrive at a sparkling clean summer house. We've compiled a list of the necessary steps included in a thorough clean.
When we write “cleaned” we mean removing dust and dirt from all surfaces, and on surfaces that are touched often, such as countertops, door handles, and remote controls, removing germs with disinfectants. If you are providing bed linen and towels, they should be washed at a minimum of 60 degrees or with a detergent designed for low degrees.
- remove greasy marks on windows and glass doors
- vacuum and wash the floors
- wipe dust and dirt off all surfaces and remove cobwebs
- general cleaning inside and out
- airing out the house
- clean the shower cubicle
- clean cupboards, mirrors, sink, and toilet
- clean spa if you have one
- washing machine and tumble dryer should also be clean
- fridge and freezer cleaned both inside and out
- cutlery drawer wiped
- empty kitchen cupboards wiped
- oven/microwave wiped and cleaned
- dishwasher wiped down on the outside, filter emptied, and checked
Living room and bedrooms
- check the woodburning stove and that there’s firewood ready to light it up upon arrival
- wipe down cupboards/shelves in the rooms
- loose carpets are moved and vacuumed/washed underneath
- small carpets are taken out and shaken
- if included, bed linen is neatly placed on the beds or even better, the beds are already made
- sofa and chairs vacuumed – also under cushions
Outdoor areas and garden
- prep the terrace and garden with clean garden furniture, cushions, and a parasol
- check and remove any pet waste from the grounds
- sweep and collect fallen leaves, cigarette butts, and rubbish
- check that the barbecue and rubbish bins are empty
- check that gas cylinders are full and that there is a good supply of firewood and barbecue accessories
Are there any ongoing construction projects?
Remember to inform your guests if you are working on a major or minor construction project to avoid unpleasant surprises for your guests.
Written by Landfolkjanuar 2023