Information about how your personal data is processed
You are using a platform for the mediation of holiday home rentals (after this: "the Platform"), owned by Landfolk A/S, CVR-no. 42074640, Bülowsgade 68, 3 tv, 8000 Aarhus C (after this: "Landfolk", "us", "we", "ours"), and we as the data controller will process data about you. The right to the protection of your personal data is a fundamental right, and we would like to help you maintain control of your personal data.
Below you will find a description of what personal data we will collect and process about you and how we process it. You can also read more about your rights in this regard. The data is necessary for us to manage your user profile and provide the services you request.
Categories of personal data that we process and legal basis
Managing your user profile and mediation agreement
We process your personal data to manage your user profile with us and mediate agreements between the renter and the landlord of holiday homes, including to communicate with you and carry out booking and billing, cf. point (b) of Article 6(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For this purpose, we process the following data about you:
- The data you give us when you create your user profile or on an ongoing basis when you manage it — for example:
- Your name
- Your contact information, including your home address, email address and phone number, as well as SoMe information (e.g., link to Instagram accounts)
- Your login information, including your username and password
- Data about the holiday home made available for rent on the Platform, including address and property number (consists of a 3-digit municipal code followed by a serial number of up to 6 digits)
- Information contained in any pictures or other content that the landlord uploads to the Platform or that we have agreed to take of the landlord and the holiday home
- Data about booking(s), including date of booking, duration of booking, holiday home information, payment details, etc.
- The information you disclose to us when you communicate directly with Landfolk or other users of the Platform, including renters/landlords, through our messaging centre
We also process the above data about bookings in connection with invoicing so that we can meet our legal obligations under the Danish Act on Bookkeeping, cf. point (c) of Article6(1) of the GDPR.
Your personal data is stored for up to 6 months after your Landfolk user profile is deleted.
However, in general, data relating to a concluded agreement, including bookings of holiday homes, is stored for 3 years after the agreement was concluded because of the rules on limitation of actions.
Accounting material (including name, address, and booking information) included on invoices is stored for 5 years after the end of the year to which the accounting material relates, cf. Section 10 of the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
In specific cases, we may store your personal data for a longer period if otherwise required by law or necessary to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
User Profile Validation
If you have given us your consent, we will process your personal data for the purposeof validating your user profile with us, cf. point (a) of Article6(1) of the GDPR.
For this purpose, we process the following data about you:
- Data included in the copy of passport, driver's license or similar that you disclose to us during the validation process
We delete data used for validation immediately after finalising the validation of your user profile. However, because of the rules on limitation of actions, we store documentation of your consent for up to 5 years after the validation or the consent has been revoked.
If you have given us your consent, we will process personal data associated with your user profile for the purpose of sending you offers, news, and inspiration from the Landfolk Universe, as well as for profiling, so that we can better target the content of our inquiries to your interests, cf. point (a) of Article6(1) of the GDPR.
For this purpose, we process the data mentioned above under the heading "Managing your user profile and mediation agreement" as well as:
- Data about your behaviour on our Platform, including clicks and searches
- Reviews you write on our Platform
We will store the above data until you revoke your consent or after a period of 12 months during which we have not sent you marketing material. However, if you revoke your consent, we will keep documentation of your consent for 5 years after the revocation because of the rules on limitation of actions.
Statistics and analysis to improve your experience and our Platform
We process your personal data for the purposeof compiling statistics and analysis that enable us to improve your experience of Landfolk as well as our Platform. We also process the personal data you disclose to us in connection with participation in our questionnaires and satisfaction surveys to improve our Platform. Our processing is based on our legitimate interest in improving our Platform, as it is considered that our legitimate interest in processing the personal data overrides your interest in the data not being processed, cf. point (f) of Article6(1) of the GDPR.
For this purpose, we process the data mentioned above under the heading "Targeted marketing" as well as:
- The data you disclose to us about your customer experience in questionnaires and satisfaction surveys.
We use the data to improve your experiences and services as long as the data is stored for other purposes, and the data about your conduct on our Platform, as well as data disclosed in reviews or questionnaires, is stored for 12 months from the time it is collected.
How we process your personal data
We will disclose your personal data to the extent relevant to the following categories of recipients:
- third parties with whom you choose through our Platform to share your data, including your contracting party
- related companies
- service providers, including, for example, third parties who clean the holiday home, provide IT support or marketing activities, and CRM system providers
- public authorities including SKAT (the__Danish tax authority) to the extent required by law, including the Act on Liability for reporting gross rental income, by court order, or where necessary to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- other third parties if you consent or if they are involved in a merger or acquisition involving all or part of our business or assets therein.
Several of these companies are data processors and process your personal data – for which we are data controller – according to our instructions. Data processors mayonly use the data to fulfil their agreement with us and shall treat the data confidentially. We have entered into written data processing agreements with our data processors, who process personal data on our behalf. In cases where your personal data is disclosed to third parties who are independent data controllers (e.g., the tax authorities), the processing will take place according to these third parties' privacy policies, and we have no influence on this.
We do not transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA.
Under the data protection rules, you have certain rights, which we have briefly explained below:
The right to information You have the right to ask us for information about or access to your personal data. However, there are exceptions which mean that you do not always receive all the data that we process.
The right to object You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. This means that you can stop or prevent us from processing your personal data. However, this only applies in certain cases, and we do not need to stop processing your personal data if we can provide legitimate reasons to continue processing your personal data.
The right to erasure You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data in certain cases.
The right to data portability You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format by contacting us through the contact information shown below. If technically possible, you have the right to request that the personal data be transmitted directly to another company or person acting as a data controller.
The right of rectification You have the right to have incorrect personal data about you rectified. You also have the right to complete personal data that you believe to be incomplete. You can view, review, and change most of your personal data by logging into your user profile on our website. Please update your personal information immediately if it is changed or is incorrect.
The right to restriction of processing You have the right in certain cases to have the processing of your personal data restricted.
If you wish to exercise the rights above, you can always contact us using the contact information listed below. If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal data, you can contact the Danish Data Protection Agency at www.datatilsynet.dk.
If you have questions about our processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email@example.com.